Friday, August 29, 2008

The benefits of chile

Enrique woke up around 11am, rested and recovered from last nights fever.
He told me he was hungry, so I started making him some oatmeal for breakfast.
I boiled the water, then I went for the oats in the pantry.
Enrique asked me, "Whats that?"
I said, "Oatmeal."
"Oh, I thought it was chile." Rique said.

This comment started a cute conversation. I asked him if he liked chile and he said no.
I told him I liked chile, but I didn't think that Aurora like it when I ate chile.

I meant that I thought it gave her an upset stomach, he thought that she just doesn't like chile and doesn't want anyone to, so he explained it to her.
Rique (in his sweet tender high pitched, I'm talking to a baby voice): Aurora, Momma and Papa like chile, its good for them. Okay?
Aurora: Big smile, because Enrique's talking to me
Rique: It helps them to fight bad people and monsters. Okay? (And all this time I thought it was just to add some extra flavor to food.)

1 comment:

amyndodd said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog! Your baby is too cute. Looks like you are doing good in Utah. I will be reading more often. =)